The Island Woods pool is for use by Island Woods residents and their guests.
AN ISLAND WOODS ADULT RESIDENT MUST ACCOMPANY ALL GUESTS AND STAY WITH THE GROUP AT ALL TIMES.
There is no lifeguard. Swimmers assume all risks associated with using the pool and residents are solely responsible for the safety of their families and guests.
Note: The rules will be enforced. Any disregard for our policies and requests will result in loss of access to our pool. Our Property Manager, Exec Board and Volunteer pool monitors will be routinely checking the pool. Security cameras are reviewed in real time. These volunteers are Island Woods residents and are enforcing the rules adopted by the Board of the Homeowner's Association. Please extend them every courtesy and follow their directives. Residents who do not comply with the rules will forfeit their pool privledges. Our rules combine with the Central District Health Department (CDHD) and must be followed.
Key Card Access Rules
Swimming Pool and Tennis Courts
The following rules are applicable for the use of the pool facilities, including the pool and restrooms:
The gate and restrooms automatically block key card access at closing time and remain blocked until opening time the following morning when they are again available to the key card.
►Shower prior to entering the pool (CDHD)
►Standard swimwear is required.
►Persons with open sores or infections are NOT permitted in the pool (CDHD).
►Children under the age of 16 years must be supervised by an ADULT Homeowner at least 18 years of age in the pool
►Children under the age of 16 years must be supervised by an ADULT at least 18 years of age on the tennis courts
►Swim diapers with a plastic cover are required for all children not yet potty trained.
►The following prohibited uses and activities are to be observed in the pool area:
- No alcohol
- No spitting and no blowing of the nose
- No diving
- No yelling or loud music (volume set for your group only)
- No squirt guns of any size
- No food or gum, and no glass containers in the pool and on pool deck area. Food is, however, permitted at the designated tables under the covered patio area.
- No pets
- No running on the pool deck and cement (CDHD)
- No inflatables (swim wings for children ok)
- No smoking, vaping or tobacco in any form
- No littering (use the trash receptacle) and take away all that you bring.
- No running, pushing, shoving, wrestling, or throwing people into the pool from the deck (CDHD)
- No pushing, shoving, or yelling permitted in the dressing rooms or restrooms (CDHD) The restrooms are not a play area.
The playground, basketball court and tennis courts are closed at 9:00 PM due to the noise impact those activities have on our neighboring residences. Fishing also closes at 9:00 PM.